Lucia has been encouraging me to help the kids with their English by singing them little songs and teaching them rhymes, but I keep drawing blanks!! I'll start singing something and then half way through the song I have to make up the ending...it's kind of embarrassing. Can anyone help me out?? Like, what did the little piggies do before they cried all the way home? And how do you make the patty cake? I really have to reach pretty far back in my mind to remember these things, is that bad? I'm open to any suggestions for songs!
On another note, Pietro is home! I hadn't seen him in almost a week but it's really nice having him here. He is soo cute! And so sweet!! He was cracking me up this morning jumping up and down on his bed singing "Dancing Queen." The kids LOVE Mama Mia and sing it all day long. It's so funny to hear a little three-year old singing "he's a love machine, oh he makes me dizzy!" The kids and I are going to make sugar cookies this afternoon when Gilda wakes up. Her birthday is on Wednesday so Lucia asked if I could help them make some goodies for the party tomorrow. Hopefully I can redeem my baking skills!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's so cute that they love mamma mia! How perfect for you! Hope the cookie baking went better than the cake. And wish I could help you with the songs.. But I don't think I'd be any better. Haha I'm sure mom would be able to help you out though.
ReplyDeletepatty cake patty cake baker's man (or some other word??) bake me a cake as fast as you can! just pat it and roll it and mark it with a B and put it in the oven for baby and me!
ReplyDeleteThat's the only one I can think of! I think the pigs were crying because the wolf blew their house down. Miss you Mere, the kids look sooo cute!!
Wrong little piggy song Em!?! This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had roast beef and this little piggy had none and this little piggy went wee wee wee wee all the way home...(Start with the Big toe and work your way to the "wee" toe :)
ReplyDeleteHow about:
"you are my sunshine...my only sunshine..you make me happy when skies are grey...you'll never know dear how much I love you...please don't take my sunshine away."
"I'm a little tea cup short and stout here is my handle is my spout..when I get all steamed up then I'll shout..just tip me over and pour me out."
AJ would probably vote for Brad Paisley's Fishing song..." Well I'm gonna miss her...:) but that may be a bit out there for them! ha ha!
And on Saturdays you can teach em how to call in the "Dawgs!" ha ha
Have fun!
Love ya!
A few of my faves...
ReplyDeleteEencey Weencey spider
Climed up the water spout;
Down came the rain
And washed poor Eencey out;
Out came the sun
And dried up all the rain;
And the Eencey Weencey spider
Climbed up the spout again.
Georgie Porgie, puddin' and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry.
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.
Mary had a little lamb,
little lamb, little lamb,
Mary had a little lamb, its fleece was white as snow.
And everywhere that Mary went,
Mary went, Mary went,
and everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go.
It followed her to school one day
school one day, school one day,
It followed her to school one day, which was against the rules.
It made the children laugh and play,
laugh and play, laugh and play,
it made the children laugh and play to see a lamb at school.
Thanks, yall!! I'm definitely going to be using these! And Kelly, they already know "You are my sunshine," Gilda sings it all day long and it's precious! Also, I remembered the clean up, clean up song and have definitely used that one! I used to sing that at Noah's Ark...thanks Ms. Pat!
ReplyDeleteMer Mer.... you are going to be the best mom. I would eat that that little precious girl up. She is adorable. Also, the old mill is gorgeous. What an amazing thing to experience.
ReplyDelete