Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just Gilda

The day after we arrived home from sailing, Pietro left for the seaside again. He is spending the week with his best friend and cousin, Sophie, and her mom. It's been nice this week just having Gilda at home. Lucia is home most of the day too, so I've had a lot of free time. Lucia has graciously allowed me to sleep in everyday, it's been very nice! Yesterday, I introduced Gilda to sidewalk chalk! I brought it with me as a present for the kids. It's this crazy new kind of chalk that comes with 3-D glasses and when you draw with it, the pictures look like they're floating! How do they come up with this stuff?? But, she loved it! We colored all morning out on the patio. After her nap we attempted to bake a chocolate cake for her grandmother, but it didn't exactly turn out. We were using an American cookbook, but didn't convert Fahrenheit to Celsius...needless to say, it was scorched! We were planning on taking our first trip to the playground this afternoon, but it rained on and off all day today so we spent the afternoon playing puzzles in her room and reading.

Well, I went out for the first time last night. Finally, English speaking people my own age! It was a pretty low-key night, but nice to get out of the house. I was with three other girls who have been here for different periods of time all being au pairs too. We went to a little sports bar across the river that's a pretty popular spot for American students. I had never been so excited to see ESPN! I've already looked up their schedule and found out they play Georgia games live!! I think I know where I'll be spending my Saturday nights this fall...
I'm definitely going to visit Caroline this weekend in Rome and I'm so excited! I hope everyone has a great start to football season this weekend and GO DAWGS!!




2 comments:

  1. Hey!!
    I think I finally figured it all out! These pictures are sooo precious! She is so adorable! And I'm glad you had a good time with those girls the other night. And that you found somewhere to watch football games! That's awesome. Have a great time in Rome with Caroline this weekend and good luck stalking Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE! I'm so glad you get to see Caro. And I am so glad you are making friends w/ others.... miss you my mer!~

    ReplyDelete