
Open



We ate on the patio, it was perfect!

Drinks before dinner

Roscioli

I got back to Florence this morning in time to go to class and pick Sophia up from school. Sophie is Martino's 9-year old niece and she lives in Florence with her mom, Barbara. Lucia asked me a few weeks ago if I would like to spend one afternoon a week with Sophie to help out with her English. Today was the second week I've done it and we've been having a lot of fun. I walk to her school and then walk home with her. We do her English homework and it actually works out really well for both of us. She has to translate passages or conversations from her English book into Italian, so I try it first, then she corrects me. It's hard to say who's doing more teaching, she helps me so much! The rest of the time we play games, Barbies, or read books. Tonight, we watched a movie called "The Derby Stallion." She picked it out because Zac Efron is in it and she knows how much I like him, but it was about a boy who wins the Atlanta Steeplechase! It was so weird, they showed the big field in Rome and I was like "I've been there!" It's a nice change though to be around an older kid who can actually have a conversation and whose attention span is longer than 5 minutes. They have also been inviting me to stay for dinner, and then Barbara drives me home afterwards. They are the sweetest family and I love spending time with both of them!
On another note, it is FREEZING here!! It went from being the perfect fall weather that made me so happy to the middle of winter- OVERNIGHT! I switched from Rainbows to Uggs in one day. As much as I love getting bundled up in coats and boots, I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter...

Mere I am so glad you got to see Caroline on her birthday! I know that was a treat for both of y'all! Every time I read your blog and look at your pictures I just feel like I am there with you. LOVE YOU and miss you more than you will ever know!
ReplyDeletePS: It has gotten cold here too!! I HATE IT!