I left Florence early Friday morning on a train to Milan where I had to switch to a different train to Zurich, but that one was running late so I missed my connection. Luckily, I was able to get on the the next one two hours later and got to Zurich around 5pm that evening. It was snowing the whole way there and was a really pretty ride through the country. Two of my friends, Molly and Hillary were already there so we caught up for a while before going to dinner, where Burney joined us later. It was a fun restaurant with great food and I had the typical Zurich meal- veal in a mushroom sauce with hashbrowns- yum! The restaurant was really fun and we hung out there for a while after dinner then went out with some friends of friends who are living in Zurich right now. It was nice having some locals to show us around.
Saturday we pretty much walked all over town the whole day. There weren't too many big sites to see, and after living in Italy, their churches just weren't so amazing, but I did get to go to a really nice 19th and 20th century art museum that evening. That night was the night we had all been looking forward to...fondue! I had never eaten fondue before, especially not in Switzerland, and it was amazing! Swiss cheese with bread, potatoes, and pears to dip it in! OMG.
Sunday was pretty much the same routine, of course we were happy that our hotel was directly beside a Starbucks (they don't have Starbucks in Italy because they don't like serving "dirty water") which we visited every morning. We had a really nice, long lunch that day and sounded like such moms sitting around comparing pictures and stories of our kids. Everyone is doing well though and we're all enjoying our experiences. It was another fun weekend and it was great to catch up with friends!
Everyone in front of the river




Fondue


I planned on extending my weekend a little bit by going back to Reggio with Burney Sunday night. We got back to her house pretty late that night and slept in Monday morning. Then we walked around her town and ran some errands before we had to go home to prepare lunch for the girl she looks after. We all ate lunch and spent the afternoon together then cooked dinner before I had to leave. Since I didn't get back until late Monay night, this week has flown by! We're headed back to the mountains this weekend then to the Maldives next weekend!! I can't wait!
Cooking dinner at Burney's house

Meredith, it was so much fun reading your blog entry about Zurich after reading Hillary's entry. I am so envious of the time you girls are having, but you deserve it for being so adventurous and brave!
ReplyDeletecute wineglasses!
ReplyDelete