The day after my dad left, I met Burney in Bologna for the night. She was just getting back to Italy after being at home for Christmas so we were happy to see each other after having to say goodbye to our families. It snowed the whole time we were there! As soon as I got back to Florence, I left again to meet the family in the mountains where we stayed for 5 more snowy days. The kids were so cute and happy to see me again. I even got to ski a few times! It was an experience after not skiing for 6 years, but it was fun trying it again. And my ski teacher was Michael Scott’s twin! I could barely take him seriously, but he was great.
I’m back in Florence now trying to get caught up from two weeks of vacation time. Thank you to everyone who sent Christmas cards and gifts, if I haven’t written you personally I sincerely apologize. I have to admit that between having my family here and going in and out of town, I have lost track of my thank you’s. I know it’s not an excuse, but I really appreciate everything!
It’s back to the normal grind now- kids are back in school, I’m taking a short and intensive Italian class for a few weeks starting on Monday, and we’ll be spending most weekends in the mountains. I’m also planning to meet up with my friends at the beginning of February in Zurich, Switzerland. Florence is still cold, but supposedly January is the coldest month, so I’m looking forward to the temperatures rising soon!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year’s. I missed seeing my friends in Atlanta, but I heard yall had a great time! (For those of you not on Facebook) Here are a few pictures from my family’s visit:
Shopping at the market in my square one morning

View of Florence and the duomo at night

Family photo opp

With my parents at the Pitti Palace

New Year's Eve sushi- everything went around on a little conveyer belt and you just choose what you want. So good!

At the park in Cortona

Inside the duomo in Siena

Dad in the Il Campo square in Siena

Christmas tree in Siena

On the Ponte Vecchio before mass at the Florence duomo

Love your update, and the pictures. Christmas in Italy with you was wonderful! I miss the gnocchi with pumpkin sauce...and The Arte of Chocolate ...and YOU!
ReplyDelete