Thursday, November 19, 2009

Three Months Down

Three months. Three months? One quarter of my year in Italy is in the past now. I can't believe it. I try to focus everyday on enjoying the moment and not taking advantage of anything, but it just doesn't seem like it's already been that long. There have definitely been times (and I'm sure there will be more in the future) when I wished that the day or week would just be over. But then I just have to step back and remind myself that my days here are limited and I can't rush that time. I've loved my time here so far, and every experience (good and not so good) has taught me something that I've already been able to use or will probably use somewhere down the road.

When I was going through the process of finding a family, I remember one mother telling me that the beginning transition period is the hardest and that I should really allow myself three months to feel settled and at home. Now, I completely agree. Things are feeling more natural everyday and I would definitely say that I'm adjusted to real life here.

Not too much has been going on this past week, things have been pretty quiet. The weather has been amazing and the kids have been especially sweet. I'm in the process of packing for this weekend, I leave tomorrow for Brussels! I'm so excited!! Chocolate, beer, and waffles...bring it on! Right now though I'm heading out the door to have lunch with a friend, but I'll leave you with this beautiful picture of the sun setting over the Ponte Vecchio. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a relaxing Thanksgiving break!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture, Honey! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Brussels. Everyone will miss your smiling face next week at Shady Oak, but we're giving thanks for your amazing experience in Italy. xoxox, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate beer and waffles hahaha nice. Beautiful picture! Moms right.. Thanksgiving won't be nearly the same without you but I guess you'll be getting some good food too! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are finally feeling a little more settled! I still get so jealous when I read your account of things. It sounds like soooo much fun. I can't believe it snows that much, this early, so close to Florence. I loved those pictures. Have a great time in Brussels. I did a speed-tour there many years ago - I was on my way back to London to fly home and was totally tired of siteseeing - I barely remember anything about it!

    ReplyDelete