Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunday Funday

After a lazy morning yesterday, we all got in the car and drove about 2 hours outside of Florence to the mountains where the family has rented a house for the winter. Before we left, Lucia mentioned that it was snowing there, so of course I was so excited, but not expecting to see much. Well, I was wrong! As we made our way up the mountain, the snow on the side of the road was getting whiter and whiter, until we got to our house and it was pouring snow! I think I was more excited than the kids. We spent the afternoon looking around the house and taking inventory of things we would need next time.

When we got back to Florence, Lucia told me she had an extra ticket for the opera that night and asked if I would like to go. Of course I did, so after dinner we changed clothes and went to the show. It was really neat! The opera was actually sung in Russian, with Italian subtitles projected over the stage. I didn't get much of the dialogue, but I still enjoyed the dancing, music, and costumes. It was a fun day!

I don't have too many plans for this week...I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again soon...in Brussels! Burney, Molly, Caroline, and I booked our flights and hotel last week and are all meeting up there in two weekends. I'm so excited!




3 comments:

  1. Ahh I can't believe how much snow there is on the ground...and that close to Florence!!! The opera sounds like fun...miss you and can't wait to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meredith,
    You have snow and we have hurricanes, go figure? You are definitely getting the better deal where you are. We moved into our new home on Friday and we are so glad to be back in the neighborhood. Moving isn't my fun event for the week, but it has to be done. Boxes, Boxes and more BOXES!!
    On to better things: The Dawgs beat Auburn and the Tide has been Rolling!!! We are playing Florida for the SEC Championship at the Georgia Dome on Dec. 4th. Now all we have to do is beat UT-Chattanooga and Auburn and we will be undefeated!
    My favorite past time starts Saturday, Hunting Season. Can't wait to get out in the woods for some R and R. Ashley and Miller have been doing great at the EGG. Southern Living Mag came by and shot some photos for the February issue!! Pretty exciting stuff and I am so proud of them.
    Well, stay warm over there and do some skiing in the Alps for me.
    Take care,
    Big AL

    ReplyDelete