We made it to Rome! The flight from Atlanta was so smooth and easy. We sat on the ground for about an hour before we even took off, but once we got in the air, everything was great. We had awesome meals and watched a few movies. The seats were so comfortable, but neither of us slept that much. After landing in Rome, we had to wait a while for the luggage, but all four bags made it, so we were happy! But, as easy as the flight was, getting ourselves and all of our stuff on the train was the complete opposite! My mom and I, 6 suitcases, 2 carry on bags, 2 purses, and NO air conditioning!! We had to take a 30 minute train ride from the airport to the main train station in Rome, then get everything off the train and to our hotel. Thanks to a few nice Italians who helped us out, we did it, but I literally cannot move my arms now.
We checked into the hotel and got settled. Thanks to my last minute packing, I had something I needed in every one of my bags, so I had to re-pack a little bit. We got some pizza for lunch then walked around and saw a lot of the big spots. Trevi Fountian, Spanish Steps, Piazza Novana, and The Pantheon. Everything is so amazing! We were like zombies walking around, so we came back for a little nap and we feel much better now! We're planning on doing St. Peter's and The Vattican tomorrow, my favorite place in Rome! Now we're off to dinner and to get our first glass of vino in Italy!
I haven't taken too many pictures yet, but here are a few from our trip over yesterday. And, thanks for all the comments!! I love hearing from yall!

HOORAY! You made it! I can't wait to see more pictures! Be sure to get a bit of sleep and say hey to the pope for us! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSO EXCITING!!! I can't wait to see more pics. So lucky to have your mummy with you :) Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteOk I love reading this stuff so PLEASE keep doing it...like everyday. It makes me feel like you aren't SO FAR away.
ReplyDeleteI'm missing you already and can't wait to hear about when you meet the family! Love you!
MeMe!! So glad everything is going well. I miss you already but I'm so excited for you and am looking forward to our future skype dates. Keep writing, I like reading it! When you get to Firenze, tell (the) David I said wudup and that I miss him. Love you!!!!
ReplyDeleteMere,
ReplyDeleteI got your sweet gift in the mail yesterday & loved it!! Thanks so much for thinking of me. I love following your travels - so glad you and Susan made it safely. Be careful and have fun - can't wait to see what's next.