Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

It's finally spring in Florence and I couldn't be happier! The weather has been so nice lately (with the exception of a few afternoon April showers). We were driving back into town a week or so ago from being in the mountains and it was like the seasons had changed overnight. Everything is green! Flowers are blooming and the sun is out! But so are the tourists...the past few months have been so pleasantly quiet around town but I guess tourist season is back...oh well. We've been back and forth between the mountains so much lately, we've barely had any time in Florence. Only two days this week then heading out again on Thursday. They're trying to get in every last minute of skiing. We spent the past weekend there too but it rained all day on Sunday so we spent the morning in the house then went out to a fabulous Easter lunch. The restaurant had a special set Easter menu with SIX courses. We were at the table for two hours and couldn't even think about food for dinner that night. It was so good though!

The kids are out of school this week so I took them to the Boboli Gardens this morning. It was such a beautiful day that I wanted to get them out of the house. We ran around and explored the gardens for a while then went to Mama's Bakery for a special treat. We met two little girls there and ended up staying for over an hour playing with them. It was a great morning! Tonight is my night off so I'm cooking dinner at a friend's apartment then heading out to Beatles night at Be Bop. I haven't been there since Kristen and I studied abroad here but it was one of our favorite things to do so I'm looking forward to it!

I feel like my time here is flying by. It's already been more than seven months! We're starting to talk about summer plans and when I'm going to leave...it's so weird. But I'm excited about so many things coming up soon. My mom and grandfather are coming to visit in two weeks and I'm in the middle of planning a few other fun trips. It's going to be a good spring! Even though I'm a few days late, Buona Pasqua...Happy Easter to everyone!

Fresh flowers at the market


Tulips in full bloom at Piazzle Michelangelo




The kids at Boboli






Pietro and I couldn't find Gilda for a few minutes (a little scary) but eventually saw her here...


No comments:

Post a Comment